Thursday, July 2, 2009

Yamn's road to the Love Your Mother Earth Festival Lolo Hot Springs MT

So once again I am a little behind (sorry friends) but still feel it is important to document this awesome event!

After Summer Camp we had a week back home (actually only Neezer and I where home, everyone else went "Back home") and then departed to make our way to Love Your Mother in Missoula. We played 3 shows on the way the first of which being Tuesday at Terrapin Station in Boise ID. Our good friend Equaleyes opened for us that night and we all had a terrific time. We spent the night partying at Jeff from Equaleyes parents house. Now I get nervous every time we are going to any ones parents house cause...........well if you know what i look like you'd understand. Anyway i got to meet both of them in the next couple days and they also came up to Love your Mother. They are great people and a really good time to hang out with. Unbelievably hospitable as well. Anyway, we stayed in Boise and went to see an early evening Equaleyes set and then went out with those boys to see some more live music. Once again a really fun night.

Next day we headed off to Moscow ID to return to Johns Alley for the first time in over a year. It was a fun show and reunited us with Vertical Dave, one of the nicest sound guys you'll ever meet. It was actually his birthday and the funny thing was last time we where there we where telling everyone to buy him drinks for his birthday but it wasn't. On that recording from the last show there I'm pretty sure Bone claimed "Happy New Years" in May. Somewhat ironic.

Then on Friday we meet Equaleyes up in Sandpoint ID where we played two alternating sets: Yamn, Equalyes, Yamn and Equaleyes again. It gave the bands a great opportunity to plan what would come at Love Your Mother. Stoney is the guy who booked us for the show and what a guy he is! He set up a radio interview and was just awesome. We had a chance to party with him at Love Your Mother as well.

We left for Love Your Mother that night because I had to be at the Festy to set up my lights before music started that day at noon. After all the setup we had until about 11:30pm to chill so we just wandered the grounds, napped, watched music, and drank. When our set started there were about 500 people at the main stage. The set was great and the energy was electric! During 90 Trance 10 there was an aerial dancer hanging from the center beam at the top of stage. She did an amazing job, it was truly an amazing experience. Then at the end of Yamn's last song the members of Equaleyes came up slowly one by one. By the time the music stopped the members where completely changed out and Equaleyes was on the stage. A completely seamless transition. It was fantastic! After that the two bands and I tore our gear down and Dewey Proceeded to lead a moving dance party iPod dock all around the grounds. One of the best roving dance parties I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. So much fun. People eventually faded and went to bed, but not me! I was trying to find which tent the alcohol vendors where in so i could wake their asses up. In my search I happened upon some locals selling home made wine for $7 a bottle. Now I am not much of a wine drinker but this was the best wine I've ever had in my life! Boysenberry/marrionberry, raspberry/boysenberry, and my favorite......Blueberry/Plum.....MMMMMMM! I was walking around to everyone getting coffee and breakfast and giving out samples of my new favorite drink. It was pretty obvious to everyone i was having a pretty good time :) Anyhow that's my last memory. Apparently i disappeared for about 4 hours and eventually while everyone was watching the Shook Twins some one saw me go in the bus and go to bed. I woke up on the road as we all took turns driving home (minus Quamy, his uncle picked him up on his way to his brother's wedding in Canada). A fun time and thanks to everyone. Anyhow, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, Mahalo and thank you,

Uncle Pauly

No comments:

Post a Comment